News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Tue Oct 06, 2026 1:25 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1824 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 183  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:47 am
Posts: 2873
Location: Dog House
Yep, it's dark when I leave at 05:30 on my way down to leafy Surrey.

I forgot you don't drop the first leg out till lunchtime :lol:

-1°C round here but -3°C in Surrey

_________________
Lets be careful out there !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:16 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:09 am
Posts: 463
It's cold this morning .... very frosty out there !!!

_________________
I do not suffer fools !!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:08 am
Posts: 1294
Location: Floating on a cloud
-2.5c was the official overnight minimum at RAF Northolt. Since my weather station gave up on me I always use the official Met Office figures from Northolt since its roughly central in The Borough.

This weekend looks like continuing the cold theme with a hint of sleet/snow in the mix on Saturday evening. The chances are low however, and only likely on higher ground north of the M4.

Daytime maximums are expected to be around 3-5c ( 37-41f ) over the weekend, before a very brief warm up on Monday. I have to say that looks out of place though.

Further into next week I think temperatures will remain on the chilly side, 5-7c ( 41-45f ) and with the threat of rain never too far away its going to feel unpleasant.

Saturday heralds the arrival of The First Official day of the UK's Meteorological Winter. ( December - February ).

Thanks for reading and posting. Moley 8-)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:47 am
Posts: 2873
Location: Dog House
Quite gloomy, but it is December.

On a lighter note, as a passed a guy from building facilities this morning I joked that the outside heater had broken.

Mid morning I got official confirmation of my report and that they were looking into it :lol: :lol:

Be interesting to see the outcome !

_________________
Lets be careful out there !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:10 pm
Posts: 1061
Location: Farnborough, Hampshire.
:lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:59 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:09 am
Posts: 463
Now that is funny Kremmen :)

_________________
I do not suffer fools !!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:08 am
Posts: 1294
Location: Floating on a cloud
The maximum at Northolt Friday was 4.7c, and had fallen to -2.9c by midnight.

The ice crystals in the upper atmosphere overnight led to a classic display of a halo around the moon here in The South East.

http://home.hiwaay.net/~krcool/Astro/moon/moonring/

Moley 8-)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:59 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:14 pm
Posts: 659
Moley wrote:
The ice crystals in the upper atmosphere overnight led to a classic display of a halo around the moon here in The South East.


Thank God for that as I thought it was because I had drunk too much :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:09 am
Posts: 463
I saw that .... it was lovely to see xx

_________________
I do not suffer fools !!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:08 am
Posts: 1294
Location: Floating on a cloud
*** UPDATED TUESDAY DECEMBER 4TH 2012 ***

I haven't posted for the last few days because the weather has panned out pretty much as I said in my last post.

HOWEVER.....I am updating this today because there is a small feature developing which may affect London and parts of The South East overnight Tuesday into Wednesday morning.

There is a a slight to moderate risk of precipitation in our region during this time, and temperatures will fall low enough overnight to potentially lead to some difficult driving conditions for the Wednesday morning commute. Precipitation means this could be rain, sleet, snow, or a combination of all three in some areas.

Many parts of the South East may well remain dry throughout, but this is just a quick heads up for the potential.

Moley :?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1824 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 183  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  




LOCAL RESIDENTS AND BUSINESS: YOU CAN ADVERTISE TOTALLY FREE OF CHARGE IN OUR ADS SECTIONS!!

ARTICLES WANTED, ARTICLES FOR SALE, PLUMBERS, PIZZAS, ELECTRICIANS, ESTATE AGENTS, ACCOMMODATION WANTED OR FOR RENT, FLATS, ROOMS, HOLIDAYS & TRAVEL, JOBS AGENCIES, TRADESMEN & WOMEN, MOTORS, DRIVING LESSONS, HGV TRAINING, VOLUNTARY GROUPS... JUST REGISTER AND POST YOUR FREE AD, IT'S THAT SIMPLE. NO CATCH! TELL YOUR FRIENDS.

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

London Borough of Hillingdon Chat - Main Index

Christmas music Merelbeke