News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Tue Oct 06, 2026 12:50 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1824 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 ... 183  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:09 am
Posts: 463
Is it right Siberian winds are headed our way ????

_________________
I do not suffer fools !!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:47 am
Posts: 2873
Location: Dog House
Quote:
UK Outlook for Saturday 22 Dec 2012 to Saturday 5 Jan 2013:

There is a great deal of uncertainty in the forecast, but there are indications of more unsettled weather during this period. Temperatures will generally be a little below average for the time of year, although they may recover to nearer normal by the New Year. The signal for rain and snowfall amounts and distribution shows a high degree of uncertainty. On balance, it seems most likely that many areas will receive average amounts of rain. With temperatures generally below average, this would suggest that there is a increased chance of snow.


Nothing too drastic on the Beeb long range forecast.

Where's Moley with the accurate one ?

_________________
Lets be careful out there !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:08 am
Posts: 1294
Location: Floating on a cloud
jane wrote:
Is it right Siberian winds are headed our way ????


Yep !!

I've been a bit pre-occupied since arriving down here in Sussex on Wednesday so apologies for not keeping you all posted. I will try and give a more detailed update as soon as possible but for now, Monday onwards looks almost odds on to introduce a very chilly blast to London and The South East ( and other areas of the country ). We could also see some widespread moderate snowfalls for a time.

Ladies and Gentleman.......Introducing ' The Beast From The East '.

Moley :o


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:09 am
Posts: 463
Thanks Moley for popping in to confirm ....... I'm off to dig out my winter bloomers :)

_________________
I do not suffer fools !!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:08 am
Posts: 1294
Location: Floating on a cloud
jane wrote:
It's pouring out there :(


It was dire down here on the South Coast from early evening Thursday through to the early hours of Friday morning Jane. A howling wind and pouring rain that went on for 10 hours non-stop it , it certainly spoiled a number of local outdoor Christmas events around these parts.

Moley :(


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:46 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:09 am
Posts: 463
It was awful here too .... from around 10pm through to the early hours it rained heavily - made worse by the wind. The rain stopped today and it's been quite bright but that wind hung around and it was cold :(

_________________
I do not suffer fools !!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:08 am
Posts: 1294
Location: Floating on a cloud
Sorry folks.

I have just spent most of the evening trawling through all the latest information I can find about the outlook for the next few days, and compiling a more detailed update here, and my screen has lost it all for the umpteenth time as I type :evil:

I'll try and make some time Saturday morning and try again, perhaps this time on my friends desktop, for the sake of my sanity.

Very briefly though, Saturday should be dry and bright, Sunday less so, but still feeling slightly milder than of late in lighter winds.

Its the start of the new working week when things could potentially become very interesting for our region, though I admit since arriving here on the sunny South Coast on Wednesday, I have taken my eye off the ball a bit research wise. What I have noticed though is there have been several wild swings in the last 12-18 hours alone, and at least one of the major forecasting models seems to have lost the plot completely.

Its almost certain it will become progressively colder from Monday, though how much colder and for how long I wouldn't like to try and predict until I have more time to go into details. The same goes for potential precipitation, off the top of my head it looks like Eastern counties are likely to see the worst of any wintry weather, but again I need a couple of hours in the morning to play catch up and work on a computer that wont keep going blank on me.

My apologies, but thanks as always for reading and posting. Moley :?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:06 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:14 pm
Posts: 659
Moley wrote:
it looks like Eastern counties are likely to see the worst of any wintry weather,


Oh joy! I am working on a particularly windswept & open site near Ipswich on Tuesday. It's already cold there as the site lost use of the drains last week when the sewage froze and backed everything up (sorry if you are eating right now!!)

Thanks for posting Moley. I have much more confidence in your forecast (even with you dodgy PC) than I do the professionals


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:08 am
Posts: 1294
Location: Floating on a cloud
SOT wrote:
Moley wrote:
it looks like Eastern counties are likely to see the worst of any wintry weather,


Oh joy! I am working on a particularly windswept & open site near Ipswich on Tuesday. It's already cold there as the site lost use of the drains last week when the sewage froze and backed everything up (sorry if you are eating right now!!)

Thanks for posting Moley. I have much more confidence in your forecast (even with you dodgy PC) than I do the professionals


Im now 99% my PC is just fine but for some reason the problem only occurs on this and one other website I frequent when Im on IE9. They both work fine using Mozilla Firefox. The dozens of other websites I visit, quite a few of which I also post on, don't have any problem when using IE9. Odd, a compatability issue perhaps ?? Anyway.......about the weather.

*** UPDATED SATURDAY DECEMBER 8th 2012 @ 20.30 Hrs ***

The much vaunted ' BEAST FROM THE EAST ' is now more akin to a playful kitten as it flirts with the extreme eastern coastal fringes of the UK for a few days, before leaving our shores altogether by the end of next week.

It will undoubtedly become colder in London and The South East by Monday, and daytime temperatures may struggle to reach 2-4c ( 36-39f ) for much of the week ( or at least the 1st half of it ), but the threatened biting Siberian winds will be a lot less potent than at first thought and more of a Northerly than an Easterly. The 'Snowmaggedon' some were forecasting is also HIGHLY unlikely, with occasional wintry showers/snow flurries around the coast of East Anglia ( Sorry SOT ), and a possible 'Kent Clipper' affecting the far eastern reaches of that county for a time. Further inland it should remain MOSTLY DRY** with sharp overnight frosts, particularly in rural areas.

Looking further ahead, as we edge closer to next weekend and beyond it looks very much as though we need to look to the west for our next weather influence, with a deep Atlantic Low ( Pressure System ) hovering close to our shores. This should slowly introduce milder air across much of the Southern half of the UK ( Midlands, south ) around a week from now. The downside of this is that South Western counties still recovering from recent flooding are likely to see a lot more in the way of rainfall again, and if the pattern persists, flooding could again become a problem for those areas.

Depending on how much progress this Low can make towards, or even across the UK, we may see a BRIEF battleground scenario of snow/sleet/rain in our region before this gives way to occasional rain.

**MOSTLY DRY. Thats the theory for inland areas of The South East for most of this week. However, there is still a slight signal for some potential snowfall further inland for a while around Tuesday or Wednesday. I will update that as we get nearer the time.**

There is no doubt that right up until yesterday ( Friday ) morning there were very strong signals and widespread model agreement for heavy snowfall for much of London and The South East during next week, and the speed with which that changed completely (12-18 hours ) is very unusual. It suprised the professionals and experts, never mind complete amateurs like me :?

Anyway, I have said more than enough for now so thank you for reading and posting, and enjoy the rest of your weekend whatever the weather. Moley 8-)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:44 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:09 am
Posts: 463
Thanks Moley ..... being o/h is a boiler repair man - and work is drying up, I'm actually wanting really cold weather and snow :)

_________________
I do not suffer fools !!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1824 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 ... 183  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  




LOCAL RESIDENTS AND BUSINESS: YOU CAN ADVERTISE TOTALLY FREE OF CHARGE IN OUR ADS SECTIONS!!

ARTICLES WANTED, ARTICLES FOR SALE, PLUMBERS, PIZZAS, ELECTRICIANS, ESTATE AGENTS, ACCOMMODATION WANTED OR FOR RENT, FLATS, ROOMS, HOLIDAYS & TRAVEL, JOBS AGENCIES, TRADESMEN & WOMEN, MOTORS, DRIVING LESSONS, HGV TRAINING, VOLUNTARY GROUPS... JUST REGISTER AND POST YOUR FREE AD, IT'S THAT SIMPLE. NO CATCH! TELL YOUR FRIENDS.

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

London Borough of Hillingdon Chat - Main Index

Christmas music Merelbeke