News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Tue Oct 06, 2026 12:38 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1824 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 ... 183  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:07 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:47 am
Posts: 2873
Location: Dog House
I see that the beeb have got a cold week starting Tuesday and Snow forecast for Thursday.

Moley, I frequent quite a few tech websites, being as I'm in the business, and quite a few people are now having issues with IE. I would recommend switching your default browser to FF or Chrome. Obviously keep IE as some Microsoft downloads insist on it but use the others on a day to day basis.

Also consider using CCleaner that may remove any conflicts.

_________________
Lets be careful out there !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:09 am
Posts: 463
I'm hating this fog :( One nasty accident on the A40 already ....
Meanwhile in Swindon they have snow .........

_________________
I do not suffer fools !!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:47 am
Posts: 2873
Location: Dog House
-4°C this morning brrrrrrrrrr

OK in the office though :D

+10 and raining Friday apparently

_________________
Lets be careful out there !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:08 am
Posts: 1294
Location: Floating on a cloud
Kremmen wrote:

Moley, I frequent quite a few tech websites, being as I'm in the business, and quite a few people are now having issues with IE. I would recommend switching your default browser to FF or Chrome. Obviously keep IE as some Microsoft downloads insist on it but use the others on a day to day basis.

Also consider using CCleaner that may remove any conflicts.


Cheers Kremm. For no apparent reason I just prefer the layout of IE9, I find its far easier to add and find your favourites but maybe its just me stuck in a timewarp. I,ve used CCLeaner on my desktop in the past, but haven't tried it on my laptop yet, I will give that a go.

I'm intrigued to know where the snow occurred in Swindon Jane because thats the only report of anything remotely like it that far west so far this week. Its always good to have these reports though so thanks for posting it.

Well after spending a very pleasant week with my good friends down in East Sussex I made my way home this afternoon, heavy of heart. I left Hastings at 12.30pm under clear blue skies and brilliant sunshine, 4c (39f ) on the car thermometer. All the early frost had dissappeared. The closer I got to home here in Northwood the colder it got, and I was greeted with a Winter Wonderland scence of frost covered trees. The maximum temperature recorded at RAF Northolt today was -1c (30f ), so an official ' Ice Day'.

I wish I knew how to post photo's on this site because I have taken a few while I was away, and while its a cinch to post them on one of the weather websites I frequent, its a PITA here :?

Its still all change as we head towards the weekend, with The Atlantic fronts poised to break through in the next day or so. Wind and rain is on the cards for most of us now. The clear, cold, blue sunny skies were nice while they lasted, and it may be a while before we see them back again.

Moley :(


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:47 am
Posts: 2873
Location: Dog House
Photo's:

Start a free account with PhotoBucket, upload your photos then link to them via the photobucket link tool.

Do it one step at a time and post back if you get stuck.

_________________
Lets be careful out there !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:08 am
Posts: 1294
Location: Floating on a cloud
Kremmen wrote:
Photo's:

Start a free account with PhotoBucket, upload your photos then link to them via the photobucket link tool.

Do it one step at a time and post back if you get stuck.


Im stuck !! I have opened a PhotoBucket account and uploaded some photo's but thats as far as I got. I can't find the link tool, and I've tried every which way to post them. :( . To be honest Im as thick as two short planks when it comes to some aspects of computer usage.

Maybe I should just stick to predicting the weather........I sometimes get that right !!

On that note it was another frosty start to the day with the overnight minimum at Northolt recording -4.2c ( 24f) and its only just crept up to -2.4c ( 28f ) by 10am this morning. Stand by for a complete turn around though as a deep Atlantic Low heads in from the west. Temperatures will rise quite rapidly later today and into tomorrow ( Friday ), we could be back into double figures by then. 10c ( 50f ).

The current signals are showing a very wet day in prospect for London and The South East on Friday, with possible gale force winds along Southern Coasts. The run up to Christmas is showing a very similar pattern with the unsettled weather likely to continue for some time.

Moley 8-)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:47 am
Posts: 2873
Location: Dog House
First job is to have 2 browser tabs open, one here and one at Photobucket.

When you get to photobucket click on a photo to display just that one.

On the right hand side of the screen should be 4 options, one of them is called "IMG Code".

If you click in the grey box containing the code it briefly changes to 'copied'.

Once 'copied' come back here (other tab), click in your post and press CTRL + V to past the link to your photo.

The resulting code looks something like "{img]http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f202/moley/weather/weather.jpg[/img}"

_________________
Lets be careful out there !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:09 am
Posts: 463
Sorry Moley ... the snow was actually in Didcot !! I asked my friend again :) He is a cab driver and had a fare from Swindon to Didcot when he got caught in it x

_________________
I do not suffer fools !!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:08 am
Posts: 1294
Location: Floating on a cloud
^^ Good grief Kremm. I will give a go though :?

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:08 am
Posts: 1294
Location: Floating on a cloud
Well that seems to have worked Kremmen but its a mighty convoluted way of doing it. One of the weather websites I frequent just takes one click and the photo is there. Really appreciate your help with this though.

Just for the record, this photo was taken at sunset from Rock-a Nore in Hastings.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1824 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 ... 183  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  




LOCAL RESIDENTS AND BUSINESS: YOU CAN ADVERTISE TOTALLY FREE OF CHARGE IN OUR ADS SECTIONS!!

ARTICLES WANTED, ARTICLES FOR SALE, PLUMBERS, PIZZAS, ELECTRICIANS, ESTATE AGENTS, ACCOMMODATION WANTED OR FOR RENT, FLATS, ROOMS, HOLIDAYS & TRAVEL, JOBS AGENCIES, TRADESMEN & WOMEN, MOTORS, DRIVING LESSONS, HGV TRAINING, VOLUNTARY GROUPS... JUST REGISTER AND POST YOUR FREE AD, IT'S THAT SIMPLE. NO CATCH! TELL YOUR FRIENDS.

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

London Borough of Hillingdon Chat - Main Index

Christmas music Merelbeke