News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Mon Oct 05, 2026 9:44 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1824 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74 ... 183  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:08 am
Posts: 1294
Location: Floating on a cloud
Kremmen wrote:
Apparently NASA missed it and they have most of these under observation.

Back to the weather though - can you have a word with him upstairs about a nice day for the 1st March so I can get the new jam jar home and into the garage - still clean.


:( :( Im rapidly reaching the conclusion that me and computers just don't get on :( :(

I was in the middle of making a detailed post ( including links ) about the meteorite and next weeks weather, hit the wrong button and lost the lot again. So frustrating. I will try again later, but Kremmen you may well want to either bring your new jam jar delivery forward a couple of days, or delay it.

Moley


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:08 am
Posts: 1294
Location: Floating on a cloud
Pesky arthritis.

So where were was I before inadvertantly losing my last attempted post ?? A few painkillers later and I think I am roughly back on track. Ah yes, getting back to the weather prospects for London and The South East for the next few days.

I suggested a few days ago that we may well be seeing a return to colder weather beyond this weekend, and I still think the same. If anything the computer models are slowly but surely beginning to reach agreement that from Tuesday onwards colder air moving in from the near continent is more or less certain.

The end of next week is worth keeping an eye on, with the potential for a Channel Low to develop. Its still a long way off, but the potential is there for some significant snowfall in our region. Sorry Kremmen, probably not what you wanted to hear.

Moley


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:47 am
Posts: 2873
Location: Dog House
:(

Oh well

_________________
Lets be careful out there !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:09 am
Posts: 463
Thanks Moley . Hope your pain has gone now :( All I want is March 1st to be clear of snow .... o/h has a job interview a fair way away and I want him to get this ;)

_________________
I do not suffer fools !!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:24 pm
Posts: 329
Don't we all. Good luck.

_________________
Posts often deleted................Why? I don't know.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:08 am
Posts: 1294
Location: Floating on a cloud
jane wrote:
Thanks Moley . Hope your pain has gone now :( All I want is March 1st to be clear of snow .... o/h has a job interview a fair way away and I want him to get this ;)


Thanks Jane and good luck to your o/h at his job interview. Arthritic fingers crossed for him.

The threat of snow for the end of the week and next weekend has been downgraded a fair bit by the computer models. Its still far too early to call but my hunch is that we may see occasional snow flurries in some parts of London and The South East from FRIDAY. I expect these to be light in nature, and mostly confined to the east of the region.

Moley 8-)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:47 am
Posts: 2873
Location: Dog House
Excellent :D

_________________
Lets be careful out there !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:10 pm
Posts: 1061
Location: Farnborough, Hampshire.
jane wrote:
Thanks Moley . Hope your pain has gone now :( All I want is March 1st to be clear of snow .... o/h has a job interview a fair way away and I want him to get this ;)



I have everything crossed for your O/H and you! xx


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:09 am
Posts: 463
Awwww thank you <3 I'm hopeful as he's been invited for interview for another job now - a week later. Will let you know :)

_________________
I do not suffer fools !!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:07 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:08 am
Posts: 1294
Location: Floating on a cloud
Moley wrote:

The threat of snow for the end of the week and next weekend has been downgraded a fair bit by the computer models. Its still far too early to call but my hunch is that we may see occasional snow flurries in some parts of London and The South East from FRIDAY. I expect these to be light in nature, and mostly confined to the east of the region.

Moley 8-)


And wouldn't you just know it. The snow threat for our region has just been upgraded again. This time from someone who actually works for the Met Office, so has access to far more information than the likes of me. As always with the weather these things are likely to change but SATURDAY is showing some potential.

Moley 8-)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1824 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74 ... 183  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  




LOCAL RESIDENTS AND BUSINESS: YOU CAN ADVERTISE TOTALLY FREE OF CHARGE IN OUR ADS SECTIONS!!

ARTICLES WANTED, ARTICLES FOR SALE, PLUMBERS, PIZZAS, ELECTRICIANS, ESTATE AGENTS, ACCOMMODATION WANTED OR FOR RENT, FLATS, ROOMS, HOLIDAYS & TRAVEL, JOBS AGENCIES, TRADESMEN & WOMEN, MOTORS, DRIVING LESSONS, HGV TRAINING, VOLUNTARY GROUPS... JUST REGISTER AND POST YOUR FREE AD, IT'S THAT SIMPLE. NO CATCH! TELL YOUR FRIENDS.

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

London Borough of Hillingdon Chat - Main Index

Christmas music Merelbeke