News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Mon Oct 05, 2026 8:09 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1824 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78 ... 183  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:08 am
Posts: 1294
Location: Floating on a cloud
^^ Thanks for the post Bucks, even if I did have to remind you how to reply !!

Seriously though folks, It has always been my intention for this topic to be an open one, where anyone is welcome to post their thoughts, comments and observations.

If there are any keen gardeners amongst you NOW is the time to bring any tender plants into the conservatory if you have one. If thats not possible then wrap them up well as best you can.

The latest forecast for MONDAY and TUESDAY in our region is for maximum temperatures of 1-2c, with 50mph easterly gale force winds, especially along eastern and southern coastal areas.
It will feel bitterly cold in those conditions.

The snow predictions are still all over the place at the moment, which is why I am reluctant to comment on them, but I would advise folk to keep a close watch on the Met Office warnings, and local forecasts.

Moley 8-)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:08 am
Posts: 1294
Location: Floating on a cloud
** Suggestions please **

First of all I would like to thank all the folk who view this topic, and especially those who post on it.

Despite what it says in the header, I am not a meteorologist, very far from it. I just have a keen interest in the weather, its my hobby, nothing more, nothing less. I appreciate the fact that this website has given me the opportunity to share my hobby.

SO......I am now respectfully asking for some feedback, whether you are regular or occasional viewers of my ramblings. Is it worth me carrying on ?

It's difficult to know how to word my predictions in a way that will be both informative and interesting. Thats where you folk can hopefully help. Your suggestions are welcome.

Thank you. Moley


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:52 am
Posts: 545
Location: Western Australia
Don't give up Moley!
I, for one enjoy reading your predictions even though I only add to the world-wide picture sometimes.
:D

_________________
When a crash seems inevitable, try to hit the softest, cheapest object in the vicinity as slowly and gently as possible.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:08 am
Posts: 1294
Location: Floating on a cloud
Brian wrote:
Don't give up Moley!
I, for one enjoy reading your predictions even though I only add to the world-wide picture sometimes.
:D


Thanks for replying Brian, and I do appreciate weather reports from all around the world. So any suggestions as to how I can improve how I present my predictions here ??

Moley :?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:10 pm
Posts: 1061
Location: Farnborough, Hampshire.
DON'T YOU DARE give up Moley! :evil:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:14 pm
Posts: 659
Wot she said !!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:24 pm
Posts: 329
Ha, now you've been told!!

_________________
Posts often deleted................Why? I don't know.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:08 am
Posts: 1294
Location: Floating on a cloud
Note to self. Do not post when fed up/depressed :(

Thank you for your words of support, they really are appreciated.

The first attack of the cold is now taking place to our north, with a number of locations in Norfolk and Suffolk reporting snow falling. I expect this to fizzle out as it heads south tonight. The prospects for London and The South East are still far from clear as the real experts continue to wrestle with the projected path and timing of The Channel Low I mentioned earlier.

Too far south and we miss the snow altogether as it falls on France. A bit further north and The South Coast comes into the firing line, with London escaping. The further north the Low tracks, the greater the risk of snow for the whole of the South East, including London, but with the heaviest falls always in the far south of the region.

The very latest information I have seen ( at about 7pm this evening from a Met Office forecaster ) is that the Low is now showing signs of tracking approximately 60-80 miles further north than originally thought. All I can suggest at this stage is that from Sunday onwards keep an eye on what is happening down in the West Country initially, because thats where any precipitation from this Channel Low will be coming from, and heading east.

Thank you all once again. Moley 8-)

Link to Oulton Broad ( Norfolk ) webcam, where it is now snowing quite heavily:

http://www.norfolklive.org/camera/oulton-broad.html


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:47 am
Posts: 2873
Location: Dog House
Doesn't seem too bad this morning. As long as the serious stuff holds off then hopefully by next weekend the temps will start climbing

_________________
Lets be careful out there !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:24 pm
Posts: 329
Kremmen wrote:
Doesn't seem too bad this morning. As long as the serious stuff holds off then hopefully by next weekend the temps will start climbing



Ours changed this last week. Snow last weekend, BBQ in the garden yesterday. Also changed the clocks last night. So, the evenings are going to be lighter.

_________________
Posts often deleted................Why? I don't know.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1824 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78 ... 183  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  




LOCAL RESIDENTS AND BUSINESS: YOU CAN ADVERTISE TOTALLY FREE OF CHARGE IN OUR ADS SECTIONS!!

ARTICLES WANTED, ARTICLES FOR SALE, PLUMBERS, PIZZAS, ELECTRICIANS, ESTATE AGENTS, ACCOMMODATION WANTED OR FOR RENT, FLATS, ROOMS, HOLIDAYS & TRAVEL, JOBS AGENCIES, TRADESMEN & WOMEN, MOTORS, DRIVING LESSONS, HGV TRAINING, VOLUNTARY GROUPS... JUST REGISTER AND POST YOUR FREE AD, IT'S THAT SIMPLE. NO CATCH! TELL YOUR FRIENDS.

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

London Borough of Hillingdon Chat - Main Index

Christmas music Merelbeke