News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Tue Oct 06, 2026 3:06 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1824 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53 ... 183  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:08 am
Posts: 1294
Location: Floating on a cloud
So.....in a nutshell it does look as though the weather will settle down in the next few days, as the Low Pressure Systems move away to our east. That should bring some relief to flood affected areas in the South West.

As a result though, colder north easterly winds are expected to head south, and later this week I think London and The South East are likely to see clearer skies and overnight frosts in some rural areas. I wouldn't rule out occasional wintry showers in coastal areas either.

Moley 8-)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:10 pm
Posts: 1061
Location: Farnborough, Hampshire.
:D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:09 am
Posts: 463
Phew .. at last :)

I'll let you have your seaweed back now Moley .... and I might buy a new piece of string for the stone as well :)

_________________
I do not suffer fools !!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:10 am
Posts: 9
Moley South Coast here, we have blue skies, a down poor then a rainbow, not to windy, water table is saturated, ground is very sodden. Odd situation the top of the ridge in Battle is sodden but the ground at the bottom of the ridge is reasonably dry - water cant run uphill but that is where it is now.

Bucks


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:06 pm
Posts: 452
Dear Moley I see that my little joke poems for you have gone. Also, my message to you about trying to recover your lost writing. Was just being helpful. I thought you would enjoy the humour and you asked for other posters to come on and not be shy. You showed a sense of humour about the Airfix models, too. I have thought very highly of your posts and forecasts and anything in my rhymes were in fun and a play on words. Also, some banter I thought you may have enjoyed.

I will post my poems into the poetry section or do as my son says to find a site for limericks etc. I'm sorry if you took offence and that wasn't intended. I am usually doom and gloom so thought something humourous might work.

I am very sorry again for my misjudgement and hope you accept my apologies.

:( :( :(
The weather in High Wycombe is dank and cold (ish) and very overcast.
I have a poem (if you can call them that) but it will be in the poetry section.

With Best Wishes and Good Luck in all your weather forecasting which has been so much appreciated
From Marian


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:38 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:02 pm
Posts: 79
The weather poems weren't deleted... they were deemed worthy of a thread of their own.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:08 am
Posts: 1294
Location: Floating on a cloud
***UPDATED MONDAY NOVEMBER 26TH 2012 @ 1930 Hrs***

A very unusual situation seems to have developed over the last few hours. A band of heavy rain is circulating around the London area and has shown no intention of moving,

Admittedly its not unusual rain wise, but what does suprise me having watched and followed its lack of progress on the radar is that this system is centred on London, and just keeps going round in circles .

Odd. Moley :o


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:09 am
Posts: 463
It's certainly hanging over Hayes ... it's been raining solid since 4pm :(

_________________
I do not suffer fools !!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:08 am
Posts: 1294
Location: Floating on a cloud
Here you can see its just spinning around the London area, and has done for several hours:

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:14 pm
Posts: 659
I am pleased to hear that the rain is circulating around London. I thought it was just circulating around me!

Still, I am not grumbling as there are so many others who have found themselves in a terrible state tonight due to this weather :(


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1824 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53 ... 183  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  




LOCAL RESIDENTS AND BUSINESS: YOU CAN ADVERTISE TOTALLY FREE OF CHARGE IN OUR ADS SECTIONS!!

ARTICLES WANTED, ARTICLES FOR SALE, PLUMBERS, PIZZAS, ELECTRICIANS, ESTATE AGENTS, ACCOMMODATION WANTED OR FOR RENT, FLATS, ROOMS, HOLIDAYS & TRAVEL, JOBS AGENCIES, TRADESMEN & WOMEN, MOTORS, DRIVING LESSONS, HGV TRAINING, VOLUNTARY GROUPS... JUST REGISTER AND POST YOUR FREE AD, IT'S THAT SIMPLE. NO CATCH! TELL YOUR FRIENDS.

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

London Borough of Hillingdon Chat - Main Index

Christmas music Merelbeke