News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Mon Oct 05, 2026 9:46 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:06 pm
Posts: 1307
rexy wrote:
It's probably a computer calling your phone, I never pick up, mine says nobody is home please leave a message, I'm waiting for the fight to start.


No def a human and they always ask for me by name...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:57 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:10 pm
Posts: 1061
Location: Farnborough, Hampshire.
geezer466 wrote:
Kremmen wrote:
I suppose you've also got to factor in the cost of driving down from Sheffield and their overnight accommodation at the local 5 star hotel.


Who in their right mind would engage a kitchen fitter from Sheffield to install in West London?

In all these things unless the tradesman is known to you and has done work for you before then 3 instructions to quote is minimum..

I am quite handy so put my own kitchen and bathrooms in. I opened an account at Howdens to buy the units (builder friend of mine swung it) and have suffered death by direct mailshot ever since. They even phone me up every few Months to tell me about their latest kitchen offers!! How many bloody kitchens do they think I have?


Always reminds me of when my husband completely gutted & rebuilt our kitchen in our previous house and soon after we kept having calls from a kitchen firm asking if we were interested in having a new kitchen. I explained we already had one, but they continued saying that they had a good deal going etc.etc. So after about a dozen calls over a short period, I told them, "OK. so I'll start knocking down our brand new kitchen right now shall I? Just hope you're prepared to explain why to my husband!" Didn't get anymore calls!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:47 am
Posts: 2873
Location: Dog House
Best I can offer is when I got s series of calls from a double glazing company about a new conservatory. Bowater I seem to recall.

Initially I just said no and hung up. After a few months and half a dozen more calls I had him on the phone for about 10 minutes whilst he gave me all his patter.

He then offered to send a 'surveyor' round and asked for my address.

I told him something like xx Melbourne House, Yeading Lane, 7th floor, and if his surveyor can install a conservatory on the seventh floor of a council owned tower block he is welcome to try. He got quite cross about wasting his time :lol: I pointed out that he had made the call as had his company on numerous previous occasions wasting my time.

_________________
Lets be careful out there !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:10 pm
Posts: 1061
Location: Farnborough, Hampshire.
Nice one! :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  




LOCAL RESIDENTS AND BUSINESS: YOU CAN ADVERTISE TOTALLY FREE OF CHARGE IN OUR ADS SECTIONS!!

ARTICLES WANTED, ARTICLES FOR SALE, PLUMBERS, PIZZAS, ELECTRICIANS, ESTATE AGENTS, ACCOMMODATION WANTED OR FOR RENT, FLATS, ROOMS, HOLIDAYS & TRAVEL, JOBS AGENCIES, TRADESMEN & WOMEN, MOTORS, DRIVING LESSONS, HGV TRAINING, VOLUNTARY GROUPS... JUST REGISTER AND POST YOUR FREE AD, IT'S THAT SIMPLE. NO CATCH! TELL YOUR FRIENDS.

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

London Borough of Hillingdon Chat - Main Index

Christmas music Merelbeke