News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Tue Oct 06, 2026 3:08 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1824 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 183  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:51 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:06 pm
Posts: 452
Admin wrote:
The weather poems weren't deleted... they were deemed worthy of a thread of their own.


Thankyou for telling me this. I couldn't see them anywhere but have found them in the previous topic. I put them in the poetry section when I thought they had gone for good from here. Marian.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:08 am
Posts: 1294
Location: Floating on a cloud
Bucks wrote:
Moley South Coast here, we have blue skies, a down poor then a rainbow, not to windy, water table is saturated, ground is very sodden. Odd situation the top of the ridge in Battle is sodden but the ground at the bottom of the ridge is reasonably dry - water cant run uphill but that is where it is now.

Bucks


Thanks for posting Bucks and its always useful to get reports from other locations in The South East.

Im by no means an expert but I think the reason higher ground in Sussex is currently sodden while lower levels are reasonably dry is due to the soil and rock types in the area.

It takes a few days for the rainfall to perculate through these surfaces, and I suspect in a day or two you will see water levels rising on low lying ground ( Pett Level, The River Rother and The Military Canal in particular ). Worth keeping an eye on, so please keep me updated.

Moley 8-)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:08 am
Posts: 1294
Location: Floating on a cloud
Well at last a change in the weather is taking place. Overall we have dodged the bullet here in London and The South East compared with other regions, but even so, there have been some torrential downpours over the last few days for some of us.

Last nights rainfall in London was unusual for the fact it came from a very small area of circulation at the centre of a Low Pressure system, and it was more or less tracking around the M25 for several hours.

So, looking ahead whats in store ?

Today ( Tuesday ) may see further showers in our region, but these seem to be dying out as the last Low Pressure system heads off to the east. The change is occuring as we draw in a drier, but colder north easterly airflow. As I mentioned in an earlier post, temperatures will fall for the rest of this week, with some fairly widespread overnight frosts.

By the weekend daytime maximums may fall as low as 3c ( 37f ), and with a north east wind it will feel unpleasant, but next Monday is showing signs of a warm up with temperatures climbing back up to 9-10c ( 48-50f ).

**Can I just take this opportunity to say I would like to thank the Administrators of this website for allowing me this topic. I'm not a metereoroligist, just a complete amateur who happens to have an interest in the weather, so for me its a hobby. I enjoy doing it, and I enjoy reading your responses, banter and all !!

The day folk stop reading and posting here is the day I know I am wasting my time, and will pull the plug. Thank you ALL for your continued support, and unless a post breaks the T & C's of this website, there is no need to apologise for anything**

Moley 8-)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:20 pm
Posts: 280
Moley

I look forward to your posts, one made me almost wet myself months ago, you mentioned is was going be heavy rain so I looked out me window and guess what - it was

What I want to know is can you make it nice and sunny in Yeading about 3pm as I have t go out


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:47 am
Posts: 2873
Location: Dog House
3pm it's starting to get dark !

_________________
Lets be careful out there !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:24 pm
Posts: 329
Maybe for you, it's only been day light for about a hour her.

_________________
Posts often deleted................Why? I don't know.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:10 pm
Posts: 1061
Location: Farnborough, Hampshire.
What do you expect when you live hours behind us!!!!! ;) ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:24 pm
Posts: 329
Yer. But, we get the snow before you.

_________________
Posts often deleted................Why? I don't know.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:10 pm
Posts: 1061
Location: Farnborough, Hampshire.
We don't want snow anyway! ;) ;) :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:08 am
Posts: 1294
Location: Floating on a cloud
chris_guest wrote:
Moley

I look forward to your posts, one made me almost wet myself months ago, you mentioned is was going be heavy rain so I looked out me window and guess what - it was



Very droll Chris. I almost laughed.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1824 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 183  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  




LOCAL RESIDENTS AND BUSINESS: YOU CAN ADVERTISE TOTALLY FREE OF CHARGE IN OUR ADS SECTIONS!!

ARTICLES WANTED, ARTICLES FOR SALE, PLUMBERS, PIZZAS, ELECTRICIANS, ESTATE AGENTS, ACCOMMODATION WANTED OR FOR RENT, FLATS, ROOMS, HOLIDAYS & TRAVEL, JOBS AGENCIES, TRADESMEN & WOMEN, MOTORS, DRIVING LESSONS, HGV TRAINING, VOLUNTARY GROUPS... JUST REGISTER AND POST YOUR FREE AD, IT'S THAT SIMPLE. NO CATCH! TELL YOUR FRIENDS.

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

London Borough of Hillingdon Chat - Main Index

Christmas music Merelbeke